Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 West Yorks census help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tc

Tc Report 15 Oct 2003 12:58

Hi trying to trace William Blackburn born 1848 in Bramley west yorks and his parents /siblings- also had a sister -Ann Elizabeth born 1844 Hunslet West Riding any help much appreciated Rod

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 10:00

Hi Rod, If you have any addresses for west yorkshire I can look them up for you at the Leeds Central Library next time I go. There are extensive local records there as well as all the censuses the 1851 has been indexed for most of west yorkshire and there is an index of the 1871 census for Bradford. George Evans

Tc

Tc Report 16 Oct 2003 16:01

Hi george Thanks for your offer don't know where they were living in 1871--only that William was born in Bramley (1848) and his sister Ann born in Hunslet (1844) Rod

George

George Report 18 Oct 2003 12:14

hi, Rod, im sorry but i could not find anything to help you i really need an address George

Chris

Chris Report 18 Oct 2003 13:02

Hi Rod Are you and Mark Greasby one and the same person or are you related and are both looking for William Blackburn and do you know you are both looking for the same person.Lol Did a look-up last night in Bramley but couldn't see William Sorry Chris

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 18 Oct 2003 14:20

Hi Chris, I have e-mail you! Maggy