Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cemetery plan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bernard

Bernard Report 15 Oct 2003 19:06

Hi all, eventually found were my grandmother Josephine Williams is buried after months of searching. Now I know the cemetery and plot number, I've been told Kirkdale cemetery is a big place, does anyone know how I can obtain a map or plan of it, with numbered plots, so when I do go to visit, I'll know exactly were to look. Thanks, Bernie

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 15 Oct 2003 19:12

A few years ago I wrote to the cemeteries department at a Borough Council and they sent me details of all other graves with the same surname that I was after, plus plot numbers and a plan of the cemetery. They were very helpful so it might be worth a try.

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 15 Oct 2003 19:19

Hi Bernie I had the same problem when I found out where my ggrandparents were buried so I phoned the cemetery council number and they sent me the plot map marked out for me and they also sent me copies of the actual funeral costs from the undertakers with all their names and dates,it was realy easy to follow the map they sent,give it a try good luck. Jill

Lynne

Lynne Report 15 Oct 2003 19:24

Bernard, watch out when you go to look because when i went to look for my rellies graves i had the plot no.s and everything but no one told me that they might not have head stones! What a dissapointment!! Lynne

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 15 Oct 2003 19:52

Bernard I have only been once to look up a grave,but I rang our local cemetries Dept and they gave me the no. of the plot and made an appiontment for me to mee the cemetery Supt. who took me to the plot, very helpful. Ann,Darlington

Bernard

Bernard Report 15 Oct 2003 20:53

Helen, Gillian, Lynne & Ann, Like to say a big thank you to you all for the help and advice. I will ring Liverpool council tomorrow. MAX...Hope you are feeling better soon, Regards Bernie.