Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

problems--------outlook express----HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 15 Oct 2003 21:30

is anyone having problems with outlook express?? i keep getting an error message on mine,and i can't see if i've got any emails, hope no ones trying to get intouch!!! i'm expecting some emails, very frustraiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah

Deborah Report 15 Oct 2003 21:35

Hi Christine, I've just checked my mail. Everything's ok. I run v6 if it might make a difference? Debbie

Valice in

Valice in Report 15 Oct 2003 21:42

had trouble yesterday evening with that, and most other sites too!!

Annie in

Annie in Report 15 Oct 2003 21:43

Christine, I've been having problems all night! Glad it's not just me. Just turned my computer off completely,as restarting it had no affect,and [fingers crossed] seems ok now.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 15 Oct 2003 21:46

hi Deb, i also have that, so don't know what's going on, i had this problem a few months ago, after a while it started running again. i've had a few emails lately with infected files, but i have norton anti-virus,and they were deleted automatically.

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 15 Oct 2003 21:49

Hi there I had a message from my server a couple of days ago, apologising for this and saying that many sites were just clogged up with viruses whizzing around Sylvie

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 15 Oct 2003 21:49

hi diane, glad i'm not on my own, i'll try that and see what happens, i'll let you know.

Deborah

Deborah Report 15 Oct 2003 21:59

Hi again, Maybe it's an ISP problem. I could not access ANYTHING at all last night for about 4 hrs, but on ringing the help-line, they confirmed the problem as at their end. Have you rung your internet provider? Debbie

Carol

Carol Report 15 Oct 2003 22:07

If you are on ntl, they are having a lot of problems, or so I have read on another forum. It happens on broadband too.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 15 Oct 2003 22:17

Christine, I would give it 48-72 hours, as i tried resetting everything on my computer, didn't really know what i was doing and it turned out to be the server. I am on NTL, but so is my neighbough and his worked, but I am apparently connected to one place and he connects somewhere else, so my advice is "don't try and fix it if it worked before"! I'm not very good at these things, but I have learnt not to "play"! Kim

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 15 Oct 2003 22:31

hi everyone, i'm back! i re-started my computer and when it came back on, it had a pop up on saying to install the latest version of windows messinger, so i did, then i had to re-start again,then when it came back on AGAIN! it had new updates to install, so i did that!! had to re-start AGAIN!! so on it came again, tried my outlook express---------and hey presto!!!!! it WORKED!!!!!!!!!! so it's up and running again!!!!!!!(touch wood)! my poor computer has been on and off for half an hour,think i'll give it a rest now. many thanks to all of you.