Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census look up Please Bolton, Lancs 1851/61

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Oct 2003 22:40

Hi, Could anyone please do a look up for me. The name is James Brownlow. Head of family Mary Wife Joseph Son born 1847 The address that I have is from 1847, and is 145 Kay Street, Little Bolton. I hope that is enough information. Its all I have at the moment. Many thanks Maggie

Mary

Mary Report 16 Oct 2003 00:14

Hi there Margaret, I am going into Manchester tomorrow will have a look for you. If I find anything I will leave you a message on this board. Mary

Chris

Chris Report 16 Oct 2003 00:55

Hi Margaret Sorry for butting in Mary I hope you dont mind but I think I have found Margarets family Address is 106 Kay Street, Bolton James Brownlow Head age 50 born Harwick lancashire Mary Brownlow Wife age 48 born Bolton Rachel Brownlow Daughter age 20 born Bolton Joseph Brownlow Son age 14 born Bolton Henry Brownlow Son age 9 born Bolton William Brownlow Son age 3 born Bolton Rachel Heardman Looks like Step mother age 70 born Newton Heath. looks like James's occupation is a Provision Dealer Chris

Tracey

Tracey Report 16 Oct 2003 07:07

Hi Chris, Would there be any chance you could look on the 1861 Lancs for James Ashworth born about 1860 in Accrington. The only thing i know is that his father was also James. I don't have an address either.Any help appreciated. Thanks Tracey

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Oct 2003 08:49

Thank you ever so much, can I ask which census you found them in. Then I can work out birth years ect. Wouldnt Rachel Hardman be the mother in law ( fingers crossed). I have been ripping my hair out trying to track James and family down. Maggie

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Oct 2003 09:00

Hi is me again, Just checked Josephs birth cert and James is down as a cotton spinner. Mind you I suppose he could have changed jobs. Maggie

Chris

Chris Report 16 Oct 2003 10:33

Maggie Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy of the pages of the census. by the way it was 1861 Chris

Chris

Chris Report 16 Oct 2003 10:44

Tracey Could this be your Family James Ashworth,Head age 24, occupation Beer Seller Alice Ashworth, wife age 23 James Ashworth Son age 4months Chris

Chris

Chris Report 16 Oct 2003 13:30

Maggie Have you recieved the copies of the census I sent you I had a bit of a chew at first put a l instead of a 1 Chris

Tracey

Tracey Report 16 Oct 2003 14:13

Hi Chris, Thanks. I don't know if it is my family because i don't know much about them but it's certainly a start and i'll delve into it a bit more. Tracey

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 16 Oct 2003 16:48

Hello Chris Is it possible for you to do a look up for me for David Medley Oldham Lancashire 1861? Thank you. Shirley

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Oct 2003 20:28

Hi Chris, Yes just got them, not your fault, Ive just logged on. Is a bit hard to read, but dont worry I will decipher it. Many thanks, is a great help. Mary, Thanks very much for the offer, I am waiting with baited breath. I hope I finely get this part of the tree sorted out. Maggie