Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MyTrees.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2003 15:10

Someone mentioned this site a while ago. It is free to register and you can enter details of an ancestor and it will tell you how many hits there are for this person. I've just tried this, its a pay per view type site, but gives you the option to extract a document and copy the details, submit it, it is checked against another one submitted and if accepted, you earn an hour of search time. I've just done this and have earned an hour to be used at a later time. I'm so excited!! It shows just how hard it is to transcribe though as the handwriting was very difficult to read and I thought they were going to refuse it. Definetely worth a shot though and hopefully I'll gain some useful info later!!

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Oct 2003 16:12

Just tried to find site and couldn't manage to. Any tips? Valerie Jones.

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 16 Oct 2003 16:38

Thanks Sarah, Just had a go myself and gained an hour. Thanks for info. I did enjoy translating, but as you said, they are very difficult to read. Chris

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2003 16:50

Sorry Valerie, think its official name is KindredConnections, if you do a search on that, you should be able to find it!!! Sarah

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 16:56

Hello Sarah I started this thread last week, as i remember you do not have to transcribe anything if you don't want to. You can upload your tree of at least 60 people and you get a free month to search and compare their site to your tree. George