Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851/1861 Lancashire census look up if possible. T

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 16 Oct 2003 16:38

Hi, could somebody please do a look up on the following for me please? 1851/1861 Hargreaves family, 40 Chatham Street, Chorlton On Medlock, Manchester. Tonge family: 1 Warde Street, Hulme, Manchester. Thanks in advance, best wishes, Carol.

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 17:45

try www(.)lancslist(.)com remove brackets George

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 16 Oct 2003 19:35

Hi George I did actually try that last time but nobody responded! Maybe I am getting too impatient - probably due to the speed that people on this board answer - like lightening. Have tried leaving a message again, so fingers crossed. I just wondered if anybody on this board had the census for 1851/1861 Lancashire. Thanks and best wishes, Carol.

Chris

Chris Report 16 Oct 2003 21:16

Hi Carol I looked at the addresses you gave but I'm affraid I couldn't see the family's you wanted.It was 1861 that I looked in Chris

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 16 Oct 2003 21:38

Hi Have you tried lancashirebmd(.)org(.)uk I dont know if your area is on it, but give it a try Joan

Mystified

Mystified Report 16 Oct 2003 22:01

I also have tried the Lancs list. The response to say the least is pathetic. 4 enquiries a week ago and only ! response. Some sites are good but............... well.

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 22:08

I've found LancsList to be great, one of the members on there searched through Rochdale on the 1861 census and miraculously found my gg grandmother and her parents. George

George

George Report 17 Oct 2003 10:43

Carol & John, I'd suggest that if you want a 61 lookup on lancslist then send a private message to a member called Jenny George and I'm she will do it for you. George