Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Site to Watch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 16 Oct 2003 18:04

I am sure many of you will know about the freecen project which aims to place all the 1841 to 1891 census returns online and free to view (about time too) They seem to be making good progress with the 1891. Type freecen into your search to have a look( it's still under development though but looks mouthwatering!)

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Oct 2003 18:38

Hi robert they are crying out for transcribers too do you fancy having a go. I have recieved my first disc and have just started practising!!! It's a bit neck aching though,but still someone needs to do it. Ann,Darlington

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 18:44

ann, did you get to the archives today? Any luck? George

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 16 Oct 2003 18:57

I have thought about it but I thought they needed people with film readers? Can you do it with just discs and a computer? I will take another look. Bob