Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cousin marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 16 Oct 2003 21:57

Thought I'd let you all know what GenesConnected support said about the problem of entering cousin marriages on your tree: "Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately it is not currently possible to link the same individual so they only appear once in your tree. You will need to add these in as separate individuals. We will be looking into this particular area on the site shortly to see if we can accommodate this. We appreciate your interest in GenesConnected and hope that you continue to enjoy the site." Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2003 22:47

Thanks Ann for letting us know. I know that it has been asked quite a few times. Regards Margaret

Barbara

Barbara Report 16 Oct 2003 22:54

What about linking sisters? Following the trains back I have found two sisters. If I make the mother of one, can I link it to the other or will I have to enter the mother twice? Barbara

Anne

Anne Report 17 Oct 2003 00:09

Barbara I think you have to add the children to the mother. (Not the other way round) Click on "add child" at the bottom of the mothers details. Anne