Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please can some one look up 1901 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 22:20

Help needed Thomas McGurren in 1901 Lived in Jarrow in Feb 1899 but cannt find him on the 1901.Also can you sudggest differant spelling.Thanks Maureen

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 22:25

When and where was he born? George

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:01

Hi George I dont Know just got marriage cert of his daughter who got married in feb 1899 Maureen

Crista

Crista Report 16 Oct 2003 23:12

Maureen, The marriage certificate will give his occupation, age of the daughter etc. Can you give that to us? Also her place of birth will be listed on the 1901. What is that? Use that to find her on the 1881. All are clues to tracking him down. Crista

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:25

Hi sorry about that Daughter is aged 21 spinster Dont know where she was born.Didnt know her last name untill today. Thomas was an Engine Fitter. Can't find any McGurren on the 1901 Census Site Maureen

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:26

Hi sorry about that Daughter is aged 21 spinster Dont know where she was born.Didnt know her last name untill today. Thomas was an Engine Fitter. Can't find any McGurren on the 1901 Census Site Maureen

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:29

Crista

Crista Report 16 Oct 2003 23:31

Maureen, Here they are in 1881: Thos. MC GURREN Head M Male 30 So Shields, Durham, England Fireman Chemical Wks Elizabeth MC GURREN Wife M Female 25 Gateshead, Durham, England Mary Ann MC GURREN Daur Female 2 Jarrow, Durham, England Francis MC GURREN Son Male 1 Jarrow, Durham, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling No 15 High St Census Place Hedworth Monkton & Jarrow, Durham, England Family History Library Film 1342209 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 5021 / 41 Page Number 2 Crista

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:34

Sorry about that Thomas was an Engin Fitter Daughter was 21 when she married in 1899.Can't find any McGurren on the 1901 Censes Site Maureen

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Oct 2003 23:42

Crista You are brill!!!!! Dont know what I was doing wrong but could't find them. That is them Many thanks your brill Regards Maureen

Crista

Crista Report 16 Oct 2003 23:57

Maureen Mc names often get mucked up in the censuses. I got Mary's age from the 1901 along with where she was born and went back to the 1881 census. I just plugged in Mary with head of house as Thomas, added 1879 for her dob and left the surname emptyand added Durham for the county. There were lots of results but just searched for Mary's born for Jarrow. Still can't find Thomas, Elizabeth or Francis on the 1901 though. Crista

Maureen

Maureen Report 17 Oct 2003 00:19

Thanks Crista Just Tryed again no lucky Found the address but will have to buy Voucher before I can cheack the image Many thanks again. Maureen