Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information please about Ernest Pelter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 16 Oct 2003 22:31

Ernest Pelter was b in c1887 in Kirkby Lonsdale Westmoreland his mother was Elizabeth Jane Pelter she later married Samuel Simpson and they had a daughter Eleanor Jane Fawcett Simpson b 1897 She is my husbands Gt Auntie Nellie In 1947 Ernest and his wife lived in Bristol. Does anyone out there know anything about him and if he had any family? I would love to know Thankyou Bren

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 16 Oct 2003 22:44

Marriages Dec 1887 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ATKINSON Robert Fisher Kendal 10b 1126 GILPIN Joseph Kendal 10b 1126 LOW Isabella Kendal 10b 1126 Pelter Elizabeth Jane Kendal 10b 1126 Simpson Samuel Kendal 10b 1126

Emma

Emma Report 16 Oct 2003 22:56

Hi Brenda, The family's details from 1891 census are: Samuel Simpson, head, mar, 52, farm labourer, Westmorland Kirkby Lonsdale Elizabeth J Simpson, wife, 29, Lancashire Barrow in Furness Ernest Pelter Simpson, son, 4, scholar, Lancashire Barrow in Furness William Simpson, son, 2, Westmorland Kirkby Lonsdale Mitchelgate RG12/4331 Folio 85, Page 26 Kirkby Lonsdale, Westmorland Emma.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 16 Oct 2003 22:56

Elizabeth.Jane PELTER Household Female -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Other Information: Birth Year <1868> Birthplace Barrow, Lancashire, England Age 13 Occupation Scholar Marital Status Head of Household William PELTER Relation Daur Disability -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 22 Roa Island Census Place Barrow In Furness, Lancashire, England Family History Library Film 1342025 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4293 / 39 Page Number 12

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 16 Oct 2003 22:58

William PELTER Head M Male 45 Arkholme, Lancashire, England Horse Driver (Carter) Jane PELTER Wife M Female 41 Newton, Lancashire, England Elizth.Jane PELTER Daur Female 13 Barrow, Lancashire, England Scholar Jonathan Geo. PELTER Son Male 9 Barrow, Lancashire, England Scholar

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 16 Oct 2003 23:57

Thanks Siobhan and Lucy for your info from the 1891 census and Kendal records It's the later period of his life that I am curious about why did he leave Kirkby Lonsdale and whom did he marry.and how did he end up in Bristol ? After my husbands father died in 1947 Auntie Pelter that is how she signed herself wrote a letter to my mother in law offering condolences I have shown this to various members of the family who have no idea who he is, although Samuel Simpson was their Gt Grandfather Samuel was married 3 times and two of them took place only a few weeks before the first child was born and all of his wives had Elizabeth somewhere in their names My husbands grandmother Mary Elizabeth was from the second marriage Bren