Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A strange coincidence.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 17 Oct 2003 16:46

I've just noticed something rather odd. My great grandmother had three children. The oldest one was born on my mother's birth date (month and day, but not year of course), the next one the day before my father's birthdate, and the youngest one on my son's birthdate. My great grandfather's inquest was held on my birthdate, and my great grandmother, his wife, died on the same date, but 38 years later. Off to check all my other certificates ........ Jan.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 17 Oct 2003 17:11

my birthday always falls on the same weekday as my mums birthday and my brothers birthday always falls on the same weekday as my dads. It is strange how you get these coincidences, but they always occur

Katie

Katie Report 17 Oct 2003 17:16

My mother was born on the 10th, as were ALL her children! Also, my great great grandfathers sister is (to the year) exactly 100yrs older than I am. Those are just the few that spring to mind, but there have been lots! -Kat

Michele

Michele Report 17 Oct 2003 17:39

My first husband had the same birthday as my brother and his wife has the same birthday as my younger sister. Michele in Surrey

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 17 Oct 2003 19:04

On my grandmother's side, the majority of the family members passed away in the month of March. As mum gets older, and March passes, she jokes about living another year.

Janet

Janet Report 17 Oct 2003 21:14

Then following on from Viv, my age this year is the same as the house number where I was born (64). My son was born at no 101! Pity I won't be here to see if it works for him too. Jan.

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 17 Oct 2003 21:22

Strange indeed. Mywifes' family ie Parents, sibs and their children all share birthdates with at least one other. Even my birthday is the same as a niece from my wifes side. But...I have well over two hundred people in my own tree, most of whom are living but the tree covers up to eight generations and I haven't found a duplicate birth date yet! Weird or what. Incidently you could describe my wifes family as very close whereas my lot...well!!!! Roger

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 17 Oct 2003 21:26

I have a cousin who was born exactly 12 years after me. Fiona

Carol

Carol Report 17 Oct 2003 21:27

If you find a number of ancestors with the same birthday, it is probably a special date, such as michaelmas, full moon etc. When registration first started and it was necessary for these things to be recorded, people who didnt know when they were born, picked a date, and quite a few probably picked the same one. But, if it is ancestors with same date as yourself or more recent people, then it is a coincidence Do you find it a bit spooky?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 17 Oct 2003 23:45

I think its very spooky - especially Janets story! Me and my sisters have birthdays within days of each other but if you take away 9 months it was mum's birthday! Jeanette;-)