Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Workhouse death in Wincanton, Somerset

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sian

Sian Report 17 Oct 2003 19:04

My great, great grandfathere died of 'anasanca(What??) in 1859 in Wincanton workhouse in Somerset. Would there be any way of finding out if the family (adult children) claimed the body for burial or if it was buried in a unmarked communal grave. I can't seem to find his burial, so I suspect the latter, although I can't find any burials of other relatives in Somerset either!! Regards Sian

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 17 Oct 2003 19:35

I live in Bruton just five miles from Wincanton so if I can help in any way please let me know.

Sian

Sian Report 17 Oct 2003 20:05

Hi Vanessa Thanks for your offer. I've emailed you if that's ok as genesconneced won't let me upload the message i've typed. Regards Sian

Sian

Sian Report 17 Oct 2003 21:50

Hi Vanessa Will try to give acess to tree tomorrow and let you read my last email in peace!! For some reason it's not letting me allow access to tree tonight either!!! Nite Sian