Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family History Fairs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 19 Oct 2003 14:31

I went to my first Fair today in Chester. I was amazed, it was really busy! If you are starting out on your tree I would recommend going. You get to see all the local history groups for your area and of course they have tons of relevant books, CD's and microfiche. I could have spent a fortune! Stepping Stones were also there, I had visited their website, but of course its a lot easier when you see things in the flesh. I bought an 1841 census cd that I was after because I could actually ask the lady if it covered my area. Anyway I joined the Cheshire FHS which I have been meaning to do for a while. Of course you can do it online, but again I had a nice chat with a lady all about the different groups. Check out your local papers for one near you!!