Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

F.A.O rosemary groves

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rus&

Rus& Report 19 Oct 2003 15:41

hi rosemary, i have just seen your message about your father-in-law being in the grenadier guards and also being in africa during the boer war.We have just found out that our G/Grandfather was also in the guards and also in africa for the war.I was wondering if you had managed to find any sites that have any covarage of the guards time in africa as i have not had much luck in finding much info out.I sometimes wish he had served for the canadians or aussies as they have full muster rolls etc for their soldiers who served in africa available on the net. Any help would be a godsend thanx kaz

Patricia

Patricia Report 19 Oct 2003 16:38

http://www(.)regiments(.)org/milhist/uk/guards/f-1GG(.)htm Check this site out !!