Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice for a newbie Pls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lee

Lee Report 23 Oct 2003 20:26

What would be a good and easily understood program to start off with and where do I get it . How much would it cost? I would also appreciate everyones opinion on Ancestor.com.Would it be worthwhile subscribing. Iv'e just started.........

Alison

Alison Report 23 Oct 2003 20:36

You can download software for free from the LDS family search site(the link is on the left of the page).Try the ancestry free trail before you spend cash on it.Some of the info on there is duplicated on FreeBMD, try all the freee sites first and exhaust the info there before you start to pay out. I suggest you read through as much of the tips board as you can there are some good ideas and sites on here and last of all dont be afraid to ask for help some kind soul out there will always answer

Melba64

Melba64 Report 23 Oct 2003 21:32

Sounds like good advice to me. Happy hunting Lee. Mel