Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 London Census look-ups so far

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Oct 2003 22:56

For Lynda Pace This is the information I found last night. Address: 9 Wild Court RG9/169 Folio 81a John Lane Head Mar 29 Labourer Ireland Kitty? " Wife 27 Ireland Kitty? " Daur 3 Middx, London Mary " Daur 1 " " Hope it's a connection! Sandra For Margaret in Burton on Trent Margaret, I thought maybe St George Hanover Square might not be that big an area, looked through the first 30 pages but then realised that it covers literally hundreds of pages. Sorry Sandra For Elaine Pringle. Sorry Elaine, I would love to help if I could, but without more information it's impossible. I did check the name index on the off chance that they lived in an area that was indexed, but no luck. Sorry Sandra For Elizabeth Lewis I'm happy to say I found your family, and it looks like there was another son before their daughter was born. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't be able to find anyone! RG9/353 Folio 81 Lambeth Address: 40? Chester Street George Newman Head Age? Cab Driver ???, Wilts Ann " Wife " Middx John " Son " Lambeth George " Son " " Henry " Son " " Sandra For Lucy Took Sorry Lucy just too big an area to search with more info, and yes, you're right, none of the areas you mentioned have been indexed. Best wishes Sandra

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 23 Oct 2003 23:36

Sandra, Although this isn't my GGG Grandfather I think it may be GG Grandads brother, the families seemed to live either Drury Lane or Little/Great or Wild Street, so this a good lead. Thanks so much. Lynda

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Oct 2003 09:47

Sandra Sorry that you had to look at so many pages. Edgar Rust died in 1878 at Lees Mews in St George Hanover Sq. Could you perhaps look in that place to see if they were there earlier. Margaret

Suzy

Suzy Report 24 Oct 2003 16:54

Hi Sandra Would sort of look-ups are you able to do?

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Oct 2003 21:09

For Suzanne Paris I have the 1861 census CD's for London area. There are a few areas that have been indexed by name, but mainly, if you have an address or at least a street and area I can look to confirm who was living at that address at the time of the census (07/04/1861). This includes the relationship to the head of the family, marital status, age, occupation, and where born. I must point out however that because they are actual fiche images, some of the pages are very difficult, some impossible, to read. I have put a list of the areas that are name indexed somewhere on this Board. Sandra