Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need more help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Oct 2003 21:34

hi all, i had some great help on this site last night,could you do it again PLEASE!!!!!!!!! i am looking for joe rouse born 1865,i've got him on 1881 census with his family, but i want to know where he went after that. also, caroline surch-1837, sussana surch-1845, and clara surch-1848, they're all there with there family in 1881,but i can't find them after that! can i get any other census's beside 1881? like,1891, or any other, ifso--where. many thanks, your a great lot.

Bob

Bob Report 25 Oct 2003 21:36

1891 is available on Ancestry(.)com This is a subscription site. If you would like a look up I will do one for you. Bob

Bob

Bob Report 25 Oct 2003 21:59

Caroline I found two Joe Rouse's in Yorkshire in thw 1891 census one in Royston and one in Nether Hoyland. Would either of these be yours? Bob

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Oct 2003 21:59

yes please robert, if you would be so kind, it's very good of you.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Oct 2003 22:02

sorry robert i forgot to say were he was born! it's little compton warwickshire, infact they were all born there.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Oct 2003 22:04

thanks lorna, will do that.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 26 Oct 2003 12:20

hi ruth, the ladies were: caroline,sussana and clara Surch, in 1881 they were living in little compton, with parents joseph and jane Surch, they were born warwickshire.

Jane

Jane Report 26 Oct 2003 12:58

Have found Joe Rouse & family in Morton Baggot, Warwickshire in 1901. Joe - 36, b. Little Compton, cowman Emma - 31, b. Bourton on the Hill William - 13, " Edgar - 3, b. Morton baggot Harry - 2, " also there are only 6 Surch's ,b. Little Compton, in the country in 1901: Lucy - 72 in Haywards Heath, East Sussex Charles - 59 in St Giles, Berkshire Mary - 75 " William - 61 in St. Thomas, Oxford Soloman - 50 in Aston, Birmingham Richard - 59 in Chipping norton, Oxford. so am assuming your 3 Female Surch's are married now Jane

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 26 Oct 2003 16:31

jane, thanks for your help. mary,william,richard and solomon were brothers and sister,did'nt realise they were still around in 1901, my nan was born then! joe rouse---sounds like it could be him,he would be my nans uncle. this is great, i'm finding more and more! just have to find the girls now, they would be:caroline 1837,sussana 1845, clara 1848, i have a bit of info on caroline and clara,so will do some research on that, but none on sussana.