Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Children Homes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 26 Oct 2003 12:47

Does anyone know any sites where I could find childrens homes that would of been in London area in 1926.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 26 Oct 2003 13:48

Hi Siohbhan have just typed Childrens homes london into search engine and quite a few came up Good luck Kathleen

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Oct 2003 15:41

Hi Siobhan, This is from the myfolks message board - Mother and Baby Homes I have a book that contains Mother and Baby Home addresses and where your records may be held. If you have any queries about this, please send me an email to julie@myfolks(.)co(.)uk Regards Margaret

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 26 Oct 2003 15:48

Siolbhan...... Try this site ..... www (.) barnardos (.) org (.) uk remove brackets and extra spaces It helped me find my relies. Good Luck.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 26 Oct 2003 17:44

mike how did you trace them, did u e.mail Barnardos

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 26 Oct 2003 18:14

Siolbhan...... This has just happened to me If you write to the Head Office of Barnardos with all the details. Name, age, name of home, and included you telephone number they will either reply to you via phone or write to you to confirm that your relie was one of their children. Once that is done they will sent you a form to fill in The usual fee for information is £30. For this you get the full history & photo's. BARNARDOS. TANNERS LANE, BARKINGSIDE. ILFORD, ESSEX 1G6 1QG. Sorry for the delay in reply it's the boards...grrrr Good luck.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 26 Oct 2003 18:26

dunno if that will work for me then, as I don't know the name of the home that my grandfather was in

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 26 Oct 2003 18:33

Siobhan...... You can at lest give them the name & aprox: year you are looking for They are not that hard not to reply..... Don't give up dear for the price of a Postage stamp.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 26 Oct 2003 18:45

will give it a go thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Oct 2003 20:19

Siobhan, do you know which area of London? Even approxiamately? Eleanor

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 27 Oct 2003 07:11

would of possibly been middlesex way, but could of been any part of london really