Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colebrook's of Watford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Largymore

Largymore Report 26 Oct 2003 19:54

Hello, could someone kindly help me with my colebrook's. My grandfather was born in Watford. 20th november 1910 He was ophaned at a very young age. He was raised by his uncle who was also a Colebrook and apparently they were butchers. My grandfather married Winifred Gertrude Price in 1930, also at Watford. I found my grandfathers birth cert on the web but there was no details of his mother or her maiden name. Thanks Sally

Helen

Helen Report 26 Oct 2003 20:22

Do you know the first name of the uncle? It's possible you might be able to find him on 1901 census with his family. There are a few Colebrooks on 1901 Census in the Watford area (Rickmansworth) but they were a 'beerhouse keeper' and a 'licensed victualler'. Have you got the birth certificate for your Grandfather? You should be able to find the reference on the 1837 site (see resource centre links) and then you can send for it. This should have the mothers details and possibly the fathers.

Largymore

Largymore Report 27 Oct 2003 19:28

Thankyou helen all is appreciated. will get backon once I have his birth cert. sally.