Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cemetary records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 27 Oct 2003 13:36

whilst researchung hubbys tree we went to newark cemetary a nd they were really helpful.we managed to copy all of the info they had about his rellies:-name,age,next of kin and cause of death,grave number etc i decided to do the same with my tree,but all the response i got was that "we arent computerised".neither was newark!! all they would give me was the grave numbers. has anyone got any idea where i could find the rest of the info thanx susie

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 Oct 2003 19:06

Don't know specifically about Newark, but cems I have checked have 2 'ledgers'. One by date of burial, and one by grave number. Therefore if you have the grave number they should be able to look it up and tell you who is in it. This can then be cross checked in the date of burial book. However, not all records are kept on site; some expect you to do your own look ups; they may not have enough staff; may just be stroppy/lazy!! Maybe someone who is nearby could look at the actual graves for you to see if there are stones? Hope this helps - and it will nudge up for you - Maz. XX

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 27 Oct 2003 19:39

thanx maz my rellies are all in wycombe cemetary,my home town,so i actually went there with my dad.,but the office was closed!!typical. we found nan and gramps grave but not my grt/grandparents. we decided to phone the local council.3 weeks later they rang me back with the info of my grt g/parents,but couldnt find anything on my g/parents!!not very efficient are they they didnt seem to want to help susie