Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

accesing when granted access to other persons tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheshire

Cheshire Report 27 Oct 2003 22:29

how do I do this from my contacts

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 Oct 2003 22:30

Trish - see members - you can do it from your Home Page. Maz. XX

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 27 Oct 2003 22:56

Alternatively, as soon as you open your GC tree a list of the other trees you can access will appear. You then just click... and start climbing. The only trouble is, I find the GC trees (especially the large ones) quite hard to navigate, my own included. Have just tried searching a tree that was released to me, but can't find the person I was looking for anywhere - and he must be there as it was him that casued me to contact that contact in the first place!!

Carol

Carol Report 27 Oct 2003 23:02

Try clicking the other button to list relations. You will then get a full alphabetical list of all names in the other persons tree, then just click on the button to go to the tree. They are not marked, but hover the mouse over and a description will appear

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 27 Oct 2003 23:14

Ah! Thanks for that Carol. It's easy when you know how, isn't it? I don't think I've ever looked at my Home page before... usually too busy checking for Tips!

Carol

Carol Report 27 Oct 2003 23:50

I hope you could follow my instructions OK. I do tend to waffle, and type as I think. I know what I mean, and just assume everyone else does. I would never make a teacher, no matter how much I know about something, I would find it difficult to teach someone else.