Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry 14 day free trial - not working!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell

Russell Report 28 Oct 2003 16:19

I have tried signing up for the free trial but after putting in my details, it tells me to click 'start my free trial'. Everytime I do that, it brings me straight back to the details page. Do they send you an email before you can get onto the site? If so, how long does it take? Or am I not doing something right? I am worried because I have given out my cc details. Any advice would be welcome, thanks,,,,,,Russell

Zoe

Zoe Report 28 Oct 2003 16:20

see if there's anything hilighted in red which would let you know you've missed off some information or they want you to confirm something Zoe

Russell

Russell Report 28 Oct 2003 16:25

Everything seems ok,,,,it just keeps going round in circles. Thanks though Zoe

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Oct 2003 16:35

Russell I have Ancestry but can't remember the signing up bit. Have you tried to use it. It might just work. Lynda

Russell

Russell Report 28 Oct 2003 16:43

Lynda,,,,,,it only recognises me as a registered guest. I have emailed their support team, hopefully they should be able to clear it up!

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 16:46

I had the same problem so I hope someone can come up with the answer!

Crista

Crista Report 28 Oct 2003 18:52

Russell and Sarah, Do you have a firewall? Crista

Russell

Russell Report 28 Oct 2003 18:56

I have Crista,,, I will shut it down and try again,,,,thankyou Russell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just tried again,,,,same problem!!

Cleo

Cleo Report 28 Oct 2003 19:12

I thought it was just me - I tried several times over the weekend with the same result as you. I e-mailed ancestry but they just told me I was registered as a guest and they couldn't trace my application for the free trial. Cleo

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 28 Oct 2003 19:17

i bet they don't want to give out any more free trials, so rather than take it away, they have made the registration process fail.

Russell

Russell Report 29 Oct 2003 09:33

I received an email back from them giving me a url to follow, but the same thing happened again. I have emailed them baqck again, will keep people posted on what comes of this.