Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know lancashire well?- Missing place?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 Oct 2003 20:14

Whilst searching on the new pro website I came across a place called chosholme in Lovelye, Lancs. Has anyone heard of this as can't find any records on the web? many thanks

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 Oct 2003 20:55

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 21:08

Hi, I live in Lancashire but do not recognise those names. I thought it might be Chisholme but the Loverly I do not recognise. How far back are you going?, it could now be in another county when boundary changes happened. Say Cheshire or Yorkshire. Sorry I can't help further. Margaret

Stan

Stan Report 28 Oct 2003 21:13

At a very wild guess, how about Chorlton cum Hardy. Stan

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 22:02

Hi How About 'Cornholme' near Burnley. Hazeel Ex- Hapton, near Burnley

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2003 22:24

Maybe the person who entered the info was very fond of Chisholm in Lancs and said it was Lovelye! It's possible!!! If you type the word Lovelye into your search engine you'll find several links to the word/name. Might be worth a try. What era are we refering to? Eleanor xx

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 Oct 2003 22:28

thanks for everone's help. Just rechecked my spelling and the actual entry in the pro online listings is: Will of William Gardner of Crosholme in Lovelye, Lancashire

Barbara

Barbara Report 28 Oct 2003 23:35

lol sounds like something my father in law would have said! Tho with a surname like yours, maybe there is such a place as Lovely!

Georgina

Georgina Report 29 Oct 2003 09:57

nudge

June

June Report 29 Oct 2003 12:33

Hi Georgina, The nearest I can come up with is - Anchorsholme, Cleveleys, Lancashire. I'm not sure but Anchorsholme may now come under Blackpool. June,Nr.Preston.Lancs

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2003 14:51

I think June's suggestion sounds the most reasonable in the clear light of day. Hazel

Georgina

Georgina Report 29 Oct 2003 18:08

Thanks for everyone's help. I have e-mailed the Lancs FHS and hopefully they will know if place names have changed from one to the other.

Andrea

Andrea Report 30 Oct 2003 22:23

Have been thinking about this since I saw it - come from Darwen, Lancashire. Have asked hubby cos I couldn't find anything. He say to try:- Cornholme (in Calderdale), Lydgate, Lancashire. It's the best we can do. Have tried all the possibilities we can come up with - being from Lancashire an all!!!! Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any problems and we will try and help. Good luck.