Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you been to the Family Records Centre in Isli

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 29 Oct 2003 22:35

See below...

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 29 Oct 2003 22:36

Can someone please tell me what is available when you visit the FRC in Islington? I now have quite a few certificates... with five more on order and an alarming number on my 'wanted' list. Many of these I want so that I can just check who a child belongs to, the names of parents, or the cause of death etc. I don't really need a copy of the certifcate - I just want the information it contains!! Is it possible to obtain this by visiting the FRC?

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 29 Oct 2003 22:39

think I am fairly certain in saying that you won't get that info at FRC it gives you the same indexes as you get on 1837 or freebmd. The frc also hols census returns Shelli

Lucky

Lucky Report 30 Oct 2003 10:12

Yes you are right. You only get the same info as 1837 pages.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 30 Oct 2003 13:15

Thanks for that! I'd better apply for a bank loan then...

Anna

Anna Report 30 Oct 2003 13:26

me too linda,I have been ordering at least one a week,sometimes 3 and 4 at a time!!Im scared to open the credit card bill lol Do you think my kids would be happy with a few certificates for their xmas pressies? Anna :-)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 30 Oct 2003 20:06

People are correct - the indexes are the same as on 1837 online. Plus there are overseas registers. You can also look at census 1841-1891 free, non conformist records, wills to 1850, death duty registers, and any street and name indexes for the censuses are held here too. Take a pound coin and get a locker in the basement to save carrying your coat and bag all day. I would like to move in!! Maz. XX