Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Sussex look up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 30 Oct 2003 09:08

I am looking for F. Packham or Peckham who appeared on the 1881 census age 50, unmarried, born in Brighton and brother in law of William Granger or Grainger. I would like to know what his christian name was. Many thanks.......Pam

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Oct 2003 09:45

Hi - will take alook later this morning,really trying to be good and do some housework-hubby has even offered to do shopping after work,so l can be here to tidy(was that wise of him or not??):))) Jude(have printed ur info)

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Oct 2003 11:33

Hi Pam Could'nt resist having a look - all l could find is the following: Frederick Packham-pauper-72yrs-Single-General Labourer-Born in Brighton Sx.Living in Workhouse. Folio 132 - Piece RG 12/812 -Pge 29. ED: The Workhouse. Eccl P St Peter. County Sx. Civil P Brighton.Might be too old though. Jude

Pam

Pam Report 30 Oct 2003 12:00

Thanks for that Judith, It all sounds hopeful except the age. It's possible his age was wrong on the 1881 census but as he was the brother of my g.g.grandmother it's more likely he was born in 1836 than 1819 ( Harriett was born in 1837 ) Thanks again for looking that up, very grateful to you.................Pam

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Oct 2003 13:07

Pam - if you have another combination date,name,place etc let me know, l can only look at 1891 Jude