Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Smashing little book/Liverpool Carters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 31 Oct 2003 14:22

Heard about this book through Liverpool and South West Lancs FHS, The Cart Horse on the Quay,The story of the Liverpool Cart Horse,by Edward N Clark. Lots of my Godfrey Ancestors were Carters /Hauliers in Liverpool for over a hundred years,so ordered this book through inter library scheme to learn more about what kind of lives they led etc,lots of names /firms mentioned so if Im really lucky one of my ancestors may be in here (fingers crossed). I live in Hants my library borrowed this copy from Birkenhead,only took a week from when I made first enquiry,to when I got email to collect it.Pretty good service I think. Off to read it properly now Kathleen

Keith

Keith Report 31 Oct 2003 21:40

Hi Kathleen , so were mine. Let me know when you've finished the book. Keith

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 31 Oct 2003 22:08

Hi Keith, Have finished it,will return it to my Library when I next go in shopping probably Thursday. None of my ancestors mentioned,lots of unamed photos was looking and wondering could this be my gggrandad. Have you looked on Scottie Press website? there is a bit of info on there about carters. Kathleen