Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any ideas to this mystery....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 31 Oct 2003 19:59

i'm trying to find a marriage for my GG- Grandparents JOHN BATTERBEE(1849-1897) and REBECCA JACOBS(1856-1946) without much luck, i know how many children they had etc, but no marriage date. However accrding to my 1881 printout their eldest daughter ANN MARIA was born in Northumberland and was 3 on her last birthday, which makes her dob 1878/79 All the other children were born in Wood Dalling Norfolk. This daughter later married a LEVI TWIDDY and they moved to Earsdon Northumberland. Now i have 2 theories, They were married and lived up in Northumberland for a year, then returned to Norfolk because they didn't like it, or was she not John's daughter, and Rebecca had 'gone away' to have her, later returning to Norfolk? I have checked at the FRC for a marriage around 1878-1880 and only came up with 2 possibles in 1880. any ideas peeps where i can find their elusive marriage? Julie Tebb ps sorry for the ramble!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 31 Oct 2003 20:14

Hi, Look for the birth reference of the oldest child under the mother's maiden name and under the name she would have if they were married. Her birth cert may have useful information. Failing that get both marriage certs and see which one fits. Gwynne