Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DO I NEED MY EYES TESTING AGAIN?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Nov 2003 16:11

Is it me, or my computer, but has the size of the text changed since yesterday? and why is Page 1 of the Tips Board in double-spacing, with other pages in single-spacing? I came on at 7.30 am this morning for a few minutes (minus the specs) and mentally thought to book an eye-test. However, it's still the same this pm with the specs on!!! Please advise if its me and my old pc or is everyone experiencing it. Thanks Jacqui

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2003 16:58

Looks OK to me (specs on) Incidentally, do you wear bi focals? I find it gives me a crick in my neck with them, so use separate reading glasses for the computer.

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Nov 2003 17:29

Go into View/Text Size and play around until you are happy.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Nov 2003 19:05

Hi - old four eyes is back - it's still the same size text as this morning and this afternoon, but I have taken the advice and increased the size of the text (thanks for that). Funny though,yesterday it was OK and today not - do you think it's likely to be my monitor? - technical advice required. It's pretty old and I have just been promised a state of the arts flat screen monitor for my birthday (yummy yummy, and there was I thinking I was getting diamonds!) Still doesn't explain the single line and double-line spacing though - perhaps my "tube" is going as we used to say in black and white telly days (talking 1950's here) Jacqui ps I do wear bifocals actually so used to seeing things with a horizontal line

Andy

Andy Report 1 Nov 2003 21:00

Jacqui, I've experienced that as well. No ideas why it appears compressed on some occasions, and double spaced (the normal view) on others. Doesn't really bother me though. A.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Nov 2003 21:09

Thank God Andy - thought the searching had at last got to me! Doesn't bother me know I know I'm not alone and won't necessarily need expensive new specs especially as Crimbo is only a few weeks away! Cheers Jacqui

Bob

Bob Report 2 Nov 2003 11:40

You do not need an (extra) eye test. My message font has changed but the boarders are still fine. What is Happening? Bob