Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family name JENNINGS ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Nov 2003 17:11

Please see if you can help !! I am trying to locate my friends Birth father - his name is FREDERICK JENNINGS we assume that he is in his 70s now. The info that we have is that he has connections in both BIRMINGHAM & IRELAND (possibly County Down). We have been searching for months and have sent out letters to no avail, unfortunatly the costs for tracing people privatley is out of our league at this present time. Thank you for looking and if you cant help just remember the name, in case it comes up in your tree !!

Tricia

Tricia Report 1 Nov 2003 21:51

Hi Perhaps you would do better to put your enquiry on the trying to find board, then anyone that may be connected with the name, may find it. Tricia

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Nov 2003 17:23

Unfortunatly because this is not a name in my tree it wont let me put a message on. Kind Regards Pat

Pamela

Pamela Report 2 Nov 2003 17:36

Patricia yes you can, just call up the message boards by clicking on the menu bar on the left, click on trying to find board, and look for message at top where it says to add a message click here. Pam

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Nov 2003 17:57

It doesnt work unless you have that surname listed in your names on your tree.

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Nov 2003 22:17

Patricia You could always put a ficticious rellie in with that name and then delete it when you have entered on the trying to find Perhaps not the done thing, but I'm sure it's been done before Margaret

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Nov 2003 23:21

Smack your hand LOL i know i will do that as a last resort though, thanks for the surgestion. Regards Pat