Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Converting ftw files to GEDCOM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cmollekin

cmollekin Report 1 Nov 2003 17:13

Hi, Does anybody know how to convert ftw files into GEDCOM? Is any special software required? I already have the GEDCOM viewer but it doesn’t allow me to convert ftw files. I want to convert my ftw files so that I can down load my tree straight in Genesconnected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Craig

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2003 17:26

I dont know anything about ftw, but try bringing up your family tree in it, then export to gedcom. This should be on the file menu.

Darren white

Darren white Report 1 Nov 2003 17:30

Hi Craig, Run Family Maker, & at the top of the screen where you have FILE, VIEW EDIT etc. open FILE & select copy/export and then select file type and change it from FTW to GEDCOM.

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2003 17:32

Thanks Daren Seems I was almost right. Looks like it worked, thanks for email Craig