Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RE- HELP STARTING OUT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gill (Beverley)

gill (Beverley) Report 1 Nov 2003 21:58

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS. I HAVE CHECKED FRIENDS REUNITED WITH NO LUCK. ALSO STREETS REUNITED. I HAVE E-MAILED PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN SIMILAR AREA. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING. I HAVE NOT TRACED MY MOTHERS MARRAIGE BUT WHEN YOU SAY I CAN GET INFO FROM MOTHERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE CAN I ACTUALLY APPLY FOR THIS? ALSO LOOKED ON CENSUS SITES BUT KEEP GETTING NO RESULTS FOUND. CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO PUT IN MY SEARCH BECAUSE ONLY INFO I GOT IS MOTHERS NAME AND GRANDMOTHERS MAIDEN NAME AND AREA THEY FROM. THANKS XX

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Nov 2003 22:15

Beverley do you want to post up what details you do have so that we can see what we can find. We'll need the full names you have and any dates or approx. dates for births marriages and deaths and the areas you know they were asscoiated with. The most recent census we can search is the 1901 so if neither of them were born before this we'll not find them. Zoe

SueS

SueS Report 1 Nov 2003 22:18

Hi Beverley (just noticed I typed WILSON instead of GIBSON for the grooms...now amended) you don't give a time frame, but there are 2 GIBSON/WILSON marriages on the Lancashire BMD site John H GIBSON married Eileen WILSON in 1933, Liverpool and Angus GIBSON married Jessie WILSON 1921 Liverpool. could any be your Grandmother? PS. you should only put surnames in capitals so they stand out. It is considered to be shouting if all your text is in block capitals...it is also harder to read, not easier. Give a few dates and you may get more help. Sue Surrey

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2003 22:19

I will have a look too if you can give us a start. Also, could you please switch off your caps lock