Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOTS OF HELP NEEDED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2003 12:57

Can anyone help find anything on lily parker born 13/8/1922 born in the gorton registered entry no 152 book no 22 do not understand how to get the info any info would be great thanks

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 5 Nov 2003 13:34

you need to order the certificate from the General Records Office or a Local Records office, Cost will be approx 7 pounds, there is no way of getting the information without ordering it. Sorry.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 5 Nov 2003 14:46

Yes isn't it ridiculous that it's harder (and more expensive) to get info on relatives on the 20th century than the 19th! Who would object if censuses were released after 50 years? anyone who was a prostitute or burgler didn't put it on the census. (I dont think!). It's just secrecy for its own sake.

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2003 15:07

Thanks for the info and yes it is stupid you think they would just let you have the info on the web i might be dead in 50 years time. Any way if anyone can get the census info for me that would be fantastic i know that lilys dad was called Herbert and in 1942 they lived in Gorton