Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.com - New Jersey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 8 Nov 2003 16:51

Does someone have access to the US records on Ancestry? I have only signed up for the UK part......and really want to get my hands on some information on Rev Joseph Holdich (who moved to US in the 1820s) on there!! Please let me know if anyone can help....I would be really grateful if someone can access it. Best wishes Neil

Michelle

Michelle Report 8 Nov 2003 18:04

Hi Neil I found this on the 1880 US census, could this be him Name: Joseph HOLDICH Age: 76 Estimated birth year: <1804> Birthplace: ENG Occupation: Clergyman Relation: Self Home in 1880: Morristown, Morris, New Jersey Marital status: Widower Race: White Gender: Male Head of household: Joseph HOLDICH Father's birthplace: ENG Mother's birthplace: ENG Image Source: Year: 1880; Census Place: Morristown, Morris, New Jersey; Roll: T9_793; Family History Film: 1254793; Page: 263A; Enumeration District: 125; Image: 0247. Michelle

Anna

Anna Report 8 Nov 2003 18:14

I think this is the same one... Household Record 1880 United States Census Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household Joseph HOLDICH Self W Male W 76 ENG Clergyman ENG ENG Josephine MORTON Dau W Female W 45 NJ ENG NJ Frederick N. MORTON GSon S Male W 15 NJ In School NY NJ Henrietta H. HOLDICH Dau S Female W 34 CT Keeping House ENG NJ Susan DAVIS Other S Female W 45 IRE Servant IRE IRE Ellen STARK Other S Female W 20 IRE Servant IRE IRE Source Information: Census Place Morristown, Morris, New Jersey Family History Library Film 1254793 NA Film Number T9-0793 Page Number 263A Anna

Neil

Neil Report 8 Nov 2003 19:45

Thanks for the information, and yes this is defintely him. He was Secretary of the American Bible Society, and I can see some information on ancestry which must relate to him as in Morristown or New Jersey, but cannot access it, which is a bit frustrating! If anyone has access, please let me know! Neil