Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census C.D Advice, please...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 10 Nov 2003 13:55

Hi All, I am literally ripping my hair out, on a few of my Geordie ancestors. I live abroad, so I cannot take a trip down to the local library. Does anyone know if I can buy the Census records (want them all, if I can....what with Xmas not far away, might be able to twist hubbi's little finger..!!!) but they have to cover South Shields & Westoe. I have tried many web sites (the Durham On Line looks like a promising site but does not cover South Shields or Westoe. I would be grateful on any info......Thank You and Happy Hunting Everyone. Regards, Dawn.

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 10 Nov 2003 14:12

Have a look at Stepping Stones for census CD's, use google to find. Ros

Anna

Anna Report 10 Nov 2003 15:02

If you type in S&N into your Google search engine, that website is fairly good for census CDs. They will also send you a catalogue you can leave lying around in the ight places (highlighted of course!!!) Hope santa brings what you wish for LOL Anna x PS Don't mistype S&N or could be in for a surprise!!!!!!!

Thomas

Thomas Report 10 Nov 2003 15:06

Hello Dawn, If you would care to email some details of who you are looking for I will be going to the NDFHS sometime this week. We have quite a lot of records for the South Shields area. Regards, Tony PS. check the website for details of holdings ndfhs.net.co.uk

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Nov 2003 15:09

Anna What do you mean?!!!!!!!!!! LOL Jeanette

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 10 Nov 2003 17:48

To Bob, Ros, Anna & Thomas......... Thank You so much for your help, I found both the Stepping Stones & the S & N web sites very helpful.....definely have what I'm looking for (and for my future pressies.....birthday & wedding anniversary...ooohhhh, not forgetting Mothers Day...!!!). I was thrilled to see that you are able to 'order' the full set for Durham but quickly realised that it hasn't been released, nor does it say when it's due out (does anyone know..???). I prefer to hang on and wait for the full set because you only get my hubbi in a good mood, once in a blue moon and more so for my family tree cos he hasn't any interest in it at all. I am sure many fellow GC members understand what I mean...!!! Thomas:- I have already sent you an e-mail, hope you have recieved it, not like many, go off to Planet Zog.... Anna:- I made sure that I did not mis-type the web address, what was the surprise....!!!! Thanks. Thank You all again, you's all certainly have been very helpful. With Kindest Regards, Dawn.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 11 Nov 2003 16:55

To Anna, Ros & Thomas, I have sent you an e-mail each today, I hope you recieve them, if not please look in 'Your Contacts'.....I don't know why but more than half of my e-messages never get to their destination. Thanks. from Dawn. P.S.....Thomas, I've tried all ways to try and find the web site that you recommended looking at but can't track it down.....could you kindly let me know the full e-address, Thanks.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 12 Nov 2003 00:42

Thanks so much Barbara, PLEASE look out for the e-mail that I've just sent on. From Dawn.