Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

History Fairs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 12 Nov 2003 16:27

I am coming back to the UK for Christmas and New Year, staying to the middle of January, I wondered if anyone Knows if there are going to be any history fairs in the South West, around this time. I have been to a Heritage Fair as they are called here in Canada, but they only have local history information and nothing to buy regarding census cd's etc... Amanda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 12 Nov 2003 16:34

Amanda There is a family History fair on the 25th January, but it is in Bracknell Berkshire, That is the only one I can find. Will keep looking for you. Lynda

Amanda

Amanda Report 12 Nov 2003 16:39

Hi Lynda Thanks for checking out for me, I will be staying until the 19th January, so that fair is no good, shame.

Brenda

Brenda Report 13 Nov 2003 00:36

Amanda,if you can not find any fair while youare over here ,what about contacting the local Family History Society,they usually have most of the items at fairs,I am sorry but I do not know any inthe area you will in.Perhaps someone else can tell you. Brenda

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2003 09:15

Hi Amanda If you can tell us the area you will be in maybe someone can give you the address for the Family History society in that area. Ann Glos

BrianW

BrianW Report 13 Nov 2003 10:19

You can look up dates on http://www(.)3w(.)co.uk/familyhistoryfairs There's one in Norwich this Sunday (16/11).

Amanda

Amanda Report 15 Nov 2003 02:00

Thanks to everyone that left a message, I will be staying in Bristol, where my family are from. I have thought about joining the local history societies to Bristol, but have not got around to doing it as yet. If anyone has the addresses of Somerset, Gloucesteshire ones that would be great. Thanks again Amanda

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 15 Nov 2003 16:04

Hi Amanda, If you type Somerset Family History into Google, it comes up with lots of information for the area you're after. Dierdre X