Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BANNELL great success

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 13 Nov 2003 00:11

On the 7th of this month I asked for help in finding my Grandmother May Bannell, I could not even find her on the 1901 census. But thanks to Linda Courtney, Anna Stephenson, Jill Hunt, Helen Smith, Crista in the US and others who found them on all different census. I thought you would like to know I have now been able to trace the Bannell family back to 1711. So a big thank you to every one who helped me Valerie

Crista

Crista Report 13 Nov 2003 05:50

Valerie, That's great news. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Nov 2003 08:07

Well done Valerie. I remember seeing all the help that you were given on that one. How did we manage before GC!! Looking forward to Sunday. Regards Margaret

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 13 Nov 2003 09:28

Valerie, That is great news. Such a long way to get in a short time. Elisabeth

Valerie

Valerie Report 13 Nov 2003 18:22

Hi Margaret. A lot of foot work, see you Sunday. Elisabeth I was lucky they did not move around much and mostly come from Norfolk. Valerie

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 13 Nov 2003 18:55

One of my friends is married to a Bannell. They live a few doors up the road and I think are originally from London. Do you want me to ask them anything?

Valerie

Valerie Report 13 Nov 2003 19:15

Hi Helen, That would be great as my grandmother and her 11 brothers and sisters all come from the London area, so there must be other descendents from them around, and if they don't mind. Perhaps they can remember some of their ancesters or if they would give you the name of their grandfather and date of birth, I could check to see if there is any connection. Thanks Valerie

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 13 Nov 2003 19:31

Will do, Val, I'll go and see them tomorrow.