Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you recognise any of these names ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 14 Nov 2003 23:46

Hi everyone , I'm so excited had to tell you all and hopefully be able to help some of you as well.I started researching just a few months ago and with help from you wonderful people because I had so very little information to go on slowly started my research.By just typing in my G.Uncles name in CWGC,I recieved a fair bit of information,carried on from there and today came in from work to find his regimental musuem had sent me a copy of the war diary from WW1.I am over the moon,although my research is going slowly becuse of the lack of info and the fact they are all military,born abroad or are Irish I am slowly but surely piecing together a fairly good family tree.So thanks to you all for the encouragement and for keeping my genealogy addiction topped up.The war diary is for THE EAST SURREY REGIMENT and these names are mentioned if you would like more info on these names or the Regiment email me and I'll send you all the info I have,here goes.....MAJOR A.T.ROBINSON,2/LT.WOODYEAR,2/LT.NASH,CAPT.SHUTTLEWORTH,2/LT.PINCHER,2/LT.PERCY,2/LTCOCKAYNE,2/LT.FAULKNER,CAPT.MULLER,LTS.HOSKINS,POPE,COLEBROOK,SHRIMPTON,GIBBS ,METCALFE.CAPT.J.O.CARPENTER,LT.GOULD,2/LT.HART, NO.9OO4 PTE H.BEDFORD,CAPT.BRIDGLAND,BRIG.GEN.CARTER,NO 1068 PTE A.BRUNKER,NO 11399 PTE O.LEGG,NO 6952 PTE F.TAYLOR,NO 6763 PTE J.BALCOMBE,NO 9728 PTE H.WILKS,2/LT.C.F.QUIN,NO 10881 PTE H.BASTER,2/LT.B.E.F.HALL,LT.F.O VOISIN,2/LT.C.O.CUMMINS,LT.COL.W.GILBERT-COOPER. Happy hunting to you all, Elaine

Carol

Carol Report 14 Nov 2003 23:51

Could you please send me information on .MAJOR A.T.ROBINSON please. I have a number of Robinsons in my tree, so would be of interest. Thank you Carol