Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Married to two brothers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stan

Stan Report 17 Nov 2003 01:17

I'm sure this will have been answered before, but I can't remember the answer. I have a problem with the same woman being married to two brothers in succession. She appears as one person on my family tree software at home, but appears twice on my tree here. Is there any way of turning it into one record? Stan

Carol

Carol Report 17 Nov 2003 01:54

I assume you made a gedcom file from your family history programme at home, then sent that to gc. I can only assume that on here, it reads the same person twice. I can`t really help, as I haven`t done much on my tree here, just uploaded it and that was it.

Deborah

Deborah Report 17 Nov 2003 08:05

Hi Stan, I have several similar instances in my tree, sisters marrying brothers etc. Unfortunately on GC there is no way to llnk families in this way, you have to duplicate one of the names, if you enter the tree manually. It should, however, show the relationships correctly if you have uploaded your tree as a gedcom file. Debbie

Stan

Stan Report 17 Nov 2003 19:13

Thanks Carol and Debbie. Unfortunately I started my tree here before starting on the one at home. This one contains all the references to the BMD index data in the certificates boxes, so I am reluctant to replace it with a Gedcom file that does not have that information at present. I suppose I'll have to live with it like this until I've copied the data back. Thanks anyway. Stan