Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is ancestry.com and .uk the same?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 17 Nov 2003 14:23

You can get a free trial a .com but not on .UK, can I log into both does anyone know?

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Nov 2003 14:27

Not sure exactly, but .com has all the American records and you have to subscribe seperately for the uk ones. If you are looking for records in the uk, subscribe to that one, its well worth it!

Donna

Donna Report 17 Nov 2003 14:50

I wanted to check out the free trial first, as most of the stuff I need is quite early rather than 1900 ish.

Sidami

Sidami Report 17 Nov 2003 15:40

I tried for the free trial yesterday, gave my details and credit card no, I did this twice, and it came up saying that there was an error, I don't know where the error was, I am now worried they have my card details, and I am not able to go on it, I have sent them an email, but waiting for a reply, can someone tell me if they have had the same problem, not sure really what to do now. Sue..........

Russell

Russell Report 17 Nov 2003 16:34

I had the same problem, but it did not debit my card. I tried again at a later date and it worked. Just keep trying!!

Michelle

Michelle Report 17 Nov 2003 17:41

I am registered with Ancestry(.)com and I have the uk and Ireland collection. I can go to (.)com or co.uk and the only thing that seems to be different is the home page. Michelle