Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone searched in Holt, Norfolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 20 Nov 2003 16:44

I am trying to search for members of the Blake family in Holt, Norfolk - has anyone searched in this area and have they got any tips. The cemetery did not yield anything, mainly because the headstones were no longer legible although did find a great aunt and great uncle and their son in cemetery in Terrington St Clements. Not sure what to do now any tips would be welcome.

Dave

Dave Report 20 Nov 2003 17:03

Hi Jean, You may already have this:- William BLAKE Head M Male 62 Tydd St Giles, Lincoln, England Farm labourer Elizabeth BLAKE Wife M Female 56 Clenchwarton, Norfolk, England Source Information: Dwelling Little London Census Place Terrington St Clement, Norfolk, England Family History Library Film 1341405 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 1698 / 4 Page Number 1 Dave

Jean

Jean Report 20 Nov 2003 17:05

thanks Dave I will look into this. I am new to this and finding it all very confusing. Regards Jean

Janet

Janet Report 20 Nov 2003 17:49

Jean as you are new to this you may not have come across the Norfolk Transcription Archive yet. It's a mine of information on Norfolk records, and it's free. Just put a search in for Norfolk Transcription Archive and it should appear. Come back to me if it doesn't and I'll give you the site address. Best f luck Janet