Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacts!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Nov 2003 19:00

I don't know if this has already been added as I have been away for a few days. I have just been in my contacts box to have a sort out, and noticed that there were people I contacted while away, obviously this was not possible as, I WAS AWAY. so i looked at the message of the contact, and it was not me contacting them but them contacting me. Has anyone else had this. I confused the hell out of me, cos I was wondering how the hell i managed to contact someone when I wasn't even near a computer. Wasn't till I check the message that I discovered what was going on. Perhaps a fault needs to be raised with GC

Paul

Paul Report 21 Nov 2003 19:16

Happened to me to a couple of times Siobhan. Baffled me for a time as well. Paul

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2003 19:21

Hi Siobhan, Does it not say - 'Joe Bloggs' contacted you on such and such a date? Regards Margaret

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 21 Nov 2003 20:19

Siobhan, it may be that you contacted them at an earlier date. Ros

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Nov 2003 22:07

Nope It says I contacted them and gives the date. I have definately not contacted them on that date or any date before. Thought I was going mad, but feel it is most likely a fault with GC now.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2003 22:29

Sure you've not been sleep walking Siobhan LOL!!!

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Nov 2003 22:34

Margaret If in the contact it had details of me contacting them then I would start to be concerned I was sleepwalking. But in the contact details, it gives details of the info they have contacted me for. really what it should be is a "you have been contacted by", not a "you have contacted". I thought going away for a few days had sent me loopy at first, but then I gathered it was a fault with GC. At least I hope it is, otherwise someone is using my account to send me contacts :o)

Darren white

Darren white Report 21 Nov 2003 23:21

Hi, This has happened to me a couple of times now! It is very annoying, I contacted GC & they say it COULD be my fault IF I share my computer. I do share it but with my dad who is not in the habit of emailing strangers willy bloody nilly!! All the messages say is : 'Hi' Darren (Nuneaton)