Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 letters-Weller

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 23 Nov 2003 16:52

I bought an old chest of drawers recently and found inside a bundle of letters written during the first world war from a Captain Cyril Weller to his wife. I believe she lived in the Bournemouth area but its hard to tell. They had a daughter called Betty. Ages, d.o.b. etc. I don;t know and Mrs. Weller is always referred to by affectionate terms rather than by name. I would love to be able to pass these on to any of the Weller family if it were possible. They paint a picture of what life was like during WW1 If I can't trace the family does anyone know which museum might be interested. Mary Brooke

Carol

Carol Report 24 Nov 2003 01:22

As she came from Bournmouth, maybe the Somerset and Dorset Family History Society would be interested. www(.)sdfhs(.)org

Christina

Christina Report 24 Nov 2003 02:31

If you get onto Chris Weymouth at his site www.1914-1918.net He may be able to use them on his site. There is a forum online at the site you may be able to locate the family by using the soldiers forum. If you have difficulty e-mail me and I will give you Chris's e-mail address. mine is [email protected] regards Christina

Mary

Mary Report 24 Nov 2003 13:17

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. I'd love any descendants of the familyto have them but its not easy tracing them with no d.o.b. and not being sure of the area. Mary