Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help required - Catherine Malone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 25 Nov 2003 14:43

I require help please as I have hit a brickwall and don't know how to get any further. Information as follows: Kate Malone married Joseph Clark in Hunslet Leeds Oct 7th 1883, Kates father William Malone Barber. on the 1891 census she is with Joseph, he is 30 and she is 28 born London - St Lukes, with children. I ordered a certificate for March quarter of 1864 for a Catherine Malone, unfortunately this one is incorrect, the ref was 1b 689 St Luke. I cannot find any other which looks remotely like the right one, but I am sure someone else may be able to. Any help would be appreciated, does anyone have access to earlier censuses which may show her in London? Look forward to receiving any help. Thanks

Cali

Cali Report 25 Nov 2003 15:07

Have you tried the 1881 census on the FamilySearch site - I found 15 Kate/Catherine Malones born between 1861-5

Janet

Janet Report 25 Nov 2003 17:22

If she was shown as 28 on the 1891, unless her birthday was in the first quarter of the year her birth would have been in 1862. Always assuming, of course, that 28 really was her age then. Jan

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Nov 2003 19:45

this is the only one I can find on 1881 census Ellen DUFFY Head M Female 32 Ireland Rag Clipper Mary DUFFY Daur U Female 10 Leeds, York, England Scholar Kate MALONE Lodger U Female 18 London, London, Middlesex, England Flax Dresser

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 25 Nov 2003 19:50

was she def born St Lukes

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 25 Nov 2003 20:18

Hi, thanks for your replys, according to (I think can't find my notes at this moment )it said on the 1891 that it was London St Lukes, which is why I took the risk on the cert that I received which was incorrect. Any other ideas?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 25 Nov 2003 22:01

Any more ideas please?