Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boer War Casualties

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 25 Nov 2003 20:28

Are there any websites where I might discover if my great grandfather may have died in the Boer War? I know he died in 1899 at a young age, but when I requested death certificate from GRO, to see what was cause of death, all I got the comp slip saying refund and explanation to follow that was back in October & haven't heard anything since.

Bob

Bob Report 26 Nov 2003 00:53

Here is a site that might be useful: http://www.lib.sun.ac.za/roh/roh.exe? Bob

Linda

Linda Report 27 Nov 2003 20:47

Thanks - I shall have a look at that now, although the internet seems very slow tonight

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Nov 2003 21:33

Linda, I think I have seen a web site where there is lots of info on the Boar War and I do believe I have seen casualty lists. Try www(.)regiments(.)org and look for those aspects which say Boar War. I spent ages on there this pm and found some fascinating info. Good luck Jacqui

Alison

Alison Report 28 Nov 2003 13:37

This site has a lot of links to the Boer war http://www.genealogy(.)co.za/downloads.html . I have just been using this site to try and find a military birth in South Africa but found another relative who served in the Boer war