Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could this be a helpful idea?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 29 Nov 2003 00:10

See below

Carol

Carol Report 29 Nov 2003 00:11

I am in the process of rewriting my website, and have been batting this idea around for a while. There are family history researchers in different countries, and some need certificates from another country. I was thinking of including a page where people could add the country where they are and the country they want certificates from. For example person A lives in UK and needs certificate from USA. Person B lives in USA and needs certificate from UK. Put them in touch with each other so they can obtain each others certificates and swop. No money changes hands as each is paying postage Could this work, or am I in cloud cuckoo land

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 29 Nov 2003 00:22

Hi Carol, I think it's a brilliant idea, a friend kindly ordered and sent on some Certificates & Wills from Australia.....obviously I had to pay him back.....it cost a small fortune in bank charges, to transfer the money to his account. I couldn't help thinking how many more certificates/wills that I could of got, with that..?!?! Wishing you lots of luck with your new venture..... Dawn.