Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 census - RG11 0841/28 where in London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcelo

Marcelo Report 2 Dec 2003 20:21

I have a William and Annie Clark on the 1881 census. Their address is 8 New Street London. Whereabouts is that? RG11 0841/28 pg 3 are the extra details provided. Can anyone help?

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 2 Dec 2003 20:41

there is a New Street near to Liverpool St station which is in the Broadgate area of london quite near to Shoreditch hope this helps.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Dec 2003 21:47

Hi Marcelo - have had a look at Family Search - wierd that it doesn't give a registration district!! However, looking at the occupants of the neighbouring houses and streets it seems that loads of them - particularly kids - have their birthplace as Hampton. This would seem to be the most likely place. From my road map this would seem to be Hampton as in Hampton Court, West London. Hope this helps - maybe another member lives there? Maz. XX

Janet

Janet Report 2 Dec 2003 22:29

Hi Marcello, I often go to the family record centre in islington and could pick up a copy of the census that you spoke about. Let me know if you want me to and gie me your address on my e-maill address. [email protected]

Janet

Janet Report 2 Dec 2003 22:30

My e-mail address is hot stuff!!!!!

Marcelo

Marcelo Report 3 Dec 2003 10:58

Thanks to all who have replied. I looked on an A-Z and saw various possibilities. I like the Hampton logic. I will have to look at a map to see where Hampton is. I would love a copy of the census document so will contact Janet directly. Marcelo