Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mayor of gloucester. help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 10 Dec 2003 19:59

Hi, i`m looking for the name eggelston or eccelston from gloucester. i`ve been told that one of the mayors of gloucester had this name in the 1900s .does someone know about this history of gloucesters mayors or know where i could find out thanks julie

Jim

Jim Report 10 Dec 2003 21:02

The best people to answer that would be Gloucester Town Hall, they keep records of that nature. Jim S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Dec 2003 10:19

hi Julie, I can't offer immediate help as I am going away for the weekend, but I have made a note of the details and will try and remember to look in the main library the next time I go into town. Meanwhile to save duplication of effort would you please email me if you find the answer. Ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Dec 2003 13:06

Julie Had a brief look in our small local library today. There is a super set of books there that lists all the Alderman of Gloucester .... stopping at 1830ish. So no luck there. Have you tried typing in the name to your search engine? I brought up loads of people researching the name (s). Ann Glos