Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please would somebody help me.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 19 Dec 2003 20:46

Until today i thought i had cracked it got back to 1640,dont get me wrong still got lots of work to do,but quite pleased. Then like a slap in the face it was there,my main leading man born and christned on same day i had not noticed before does this mean what i think that he died day he was born.Please would someone help me on this. Mary

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 19 Dec 2003 20:52

No, not necessarily... BUT have you checked the information in the parish register, or are you just looking at IGI/FamilySearch site. You really must check the originals - either at the County Record Office or your local LDS centre - before you can be sure of ANY info from IGI/FamilySearch. Maz. XX

Mary

Mary Report 19 Dec 2003 20:57

Maz. Yes i got if from IGI but did notice untill today,on other records i have it means they died.I feel sick just thinking about it. Mary

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 19 Dec 2003 20:59

Don't panic until you are sure!!! It could just be that the actual birth date was unknown so some helpful twit just put the same date twice. Your man could just be a few months older than you thought!! Try and stay calm until you can check it out... ! Maz. XX

Mary

Mary Report 19 Dec 2003 21:02

Maz Thankyou for your help,i will have to leave it now till after christmas. Happy christmas to you Mary

Valice in

Valice in Report 19 Dec 2003 21:23

It could be they thought he might not live, and had him baptised, but that's not to say he actually did die, might have been a tough little chappie. Val

Mary

Mary Report 19 Dec 2003 21:34

Valerie. Hope you are right. Happy christmas Mary

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Dec 2003 21:38

Mary Did you find your ancestor on the IGI or an ancestral file on family search. If an ancestral file, you have more to worry about as some of these are a work of fiction. All records should be checked with the original parish register. IGI records do not give burials. Many children died in infancy, burials must be checked too. I have had many an instance where I thought I had found the correct baptism, but on checking the burials found that that child had died in infancy. The IGI is a guide nothing else. Margaret

Mary

Mary Report 19 Dec 2003 22:04

Margaret. The man was born 1710.so they say the only place i have found him and family also the rest of everybody else is on the IGI.as the years go on i found people i knew to be correct on 1881 census +1891.So being daft i suppose i took the info as being right because the birth place fell in line with everybody else the y seemed to stay in one place looks like i have some sorting out to do. Once again thankyou a happy xmas to you. Mary