Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

for entertainment only

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 24 Dec 2003 14:31

Whilst on lds 1881 site for census, I came across Benjamin Rhodes b1821 york, a hawker ,living in Frimley ,Surrey I accidentally pressed next household, have a look at the address..... and the inhabitants, not much use to researchers is it!! Kim

Kim

Kim Report 24 Dec 2003 16:14

That means there is over 600 people on the census that aren't going to be traceable by us. Makes you think doesn't it. Also, I wonder if the enumerator just hazarded a guess as to age before the barge passed, as you would more likely ask name before age would't you? The people with lodgers who don't know their names is also a little worrying. Did they just pick them off the street? Or take in any wandering waif or stray? merry xmas everyone Kim

Janet

Janet Report 24 Dec 2003 16:25

NK NK Who's there? Nobody knows. Jan

Kim

Kim Report 24 Dec 2003 16:47

Perhaps the Nk family just have lots of relatives?

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 24 Dec 2003 18:51

Dwelling: Barge In...Gone....? Maybe the enumerator couldn't understand them if they had a strong accent, or perhaps foreign names threw them?

Kim

Kim Report 26 Dec 2003 21:46

judging from the occupations they were all aslleep and he couldn't be bothered to wake them up to ask their names, and then when he realised they had to they'd been in and gone........

K

K Report 26 Dec 2003 22:13

Frimley has only one bridge! over the railway line. The nearest bridge I can think that NK NK slept on is in Frimley Green up where Lakeside International Hotel now stands. The Basingstoke Canal runs Past Frimley Green, I 've walked up and down it many times! Nk And his family I wonder who they really were ????? What a nightmare for anyone wishing to trace a rely..... Keren in Frimley

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 26 Dec 2003 22:26

Keren, Maybe they stopped off at Johnson & Johnson, got a quick powder puff and were in Basingstoke before the enumerator got there!!! What a way to avoid the census though! go from lock to lock! Kim

Kim

Kim Report 26 Dec 2003 22:38

i've stuck in frimley bridge on frances frith photo WEBSITE , I just can imagine someone falling asleep there in black and white!........................ KIM

K

K Report 26 Dec 2003 23:20

Kim Price Yes indeed! Keren in Frimley

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 26 Dec 2003 23:25

Hi Keren, I'm down by M&S (and I work there!) where are you? Kim

K

K Report 26 Dec 2003 23:40

Hi Kim, I back on to Paddock Hill, Near Frimley Police Station ( If you can call it a station!) Just down the road from Johnsons and Frimley High Street. Been here nearly all my life, since I was 7. Have you always been a local yocal ?. Keren

Barbara

Barbara Report 27 Dec 2003 00:15

Maybe the barge was called Frimley Bridge? Trouble is, it was gone so there was noone to ask.......!