Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837.com and FreeBMD deaths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 29 Dec 2003 16:40

I have just finished transcribing some 1841 deaths for FreeBMD, these were the last pages in the December Quarter. Something i have never noticed before were these, three and a half pages of Unknown male and female burials from across the Country. This could be the reason why we can't find our ancestors deaths/burials. In this instance it amounts to about 130 missing ancestors, if you multiply it up for 4 quarters per year and then 160+ years you have a lot of missing people. I would suggest if you have a missing ancestor death anf you know the year look in the last page of the index to see if there are any likely burials in there home town. Regards George

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 29 Dec 2003 19:05

Thanks George, I had no idea there were so many unknowns. But if someone died in their own town, surely someone would know? I would have thought these unknown deaths were non-locals who had the misfortune to die whilst on their travels.